Posted by howardarw on September 10, 2017 at 9:55 AM
Both on Wednesday September 20th 2017
Tournament 7 - 9pm - put your name down in the event when posted on facebook!
AGM to be held in the Salutation starting 9.30pm.
Posted by howardarw on April 27, 2017 at 7:45 AM
10, 17, 24 May
7, 14, 21 June
Leaves one session in 7 weeks, the 31st May.
This is due to school exams; usually we miss a couple of sessions so to lose 6 is very disappointing.
However - watch this space for alternatives, and one of the dates may well be used for our AGM.
Posted by howardarw on April 19, 2017 at 6:30 PM
Alessandra's Angels (AA)
Keila's Kings (KK)
Megan's Magicians (MM)
AA 13, KK 14
KK 10, MM 14
AA 12, KK 14
KK 14, MM 5
AA 14, KK 9
AA 14, MM 9
AA 14, KK 7
AA 14, MM 13
AA 14, KK 7.
Running totals (AA) - (KK) - MM)
12 14 13*
12 24 27
26 34 35
38 38 35
38 52 40
52 61 40
66 61 49
80 68 49
94 68 62
108 75 62
*Awarded 13 points as compensation for a reduced maximum number of games due to being third team on.
Congratulations to the winners and their captain Alessandra; and a big thank you to the captains for collecting the monies and organising their teams, and everyone who helped out umpiring/scoring/judging!!
Posted by howardarw on April 13, 2017 at 4:20 AM
Event will be posted later today on facebook.
Maximum 24; first-come basis, newbies can join!
Usual prices...and a trip to the pub afterwards!
Posted by howardarw on March 6, 2017 at 10:55 AM
Prevously 5pm on Wednesday - now 4pm.
This means if you have signed in to an event, you have until 4pm on the Wednesday to cancel, which gives us now three hours to find a replacement. After that time, if you cancel and/or don't show up I am afraid we issue a "yellow card" which means you will automatically miss the next event you apply for should we be full, and it doesn't count towards your rota!!
Posted by howardarw on January 19, 2017 at 9:55 AM
Northern Jump Meeting Notes 25.01.2017 Thanks to Petra for compiling!
1) New coach
- Members of the club agreed that having a new coach is desirable.
- Dates for a course to be confirmed.
- Club will advertise for a vacancy for the position on Facebook. Whole club to vote in an anonymous poll to decide who to send for the course.
- Club will subsidize 50% of the coaching course fee, the other 50% will be paid by the candidate. Total fee is £190.
- The newly qualified coach will get 25 sessions free on the days he/she will be coaching. Time limit to complete these 25 sessions, e.g. 2 years, has been discussed but members thought it was too restrictive on the coach. This remains to be decided.
- The coach gets a place on every session. Total number of available places per session will then be 17 + coach.
2) Personal confrontations
- Concern has been expressed over personal disagreements between members and the coach that occurred recently. It has been stressed that coach will take the lead and he/she must be respected. Members who don’t want to follow this agreement are encouraged not to come to the sessions.
- All players must respect others and get along with all other players during games, letting their preferences aside.
- Howard to provide login details for Northern Jump website to the committee members so they can help updating the website as relevant.
4) New equipment
- Club members identified the need for new quality match balls. Taking into account the high cost of a quality ball it has been agreed that only one will be purchased. The choice of the ball to be discussed again when market research has been done.
- New electronic scoreboard has been discussed but the cost has not been justified.
5) Night out
- Has been set up for 12th April 2017.
6) Beach trip suggestion
- Outdoor volleyball kit is to be collected from Simone.
- Members have shown interest in organising tournaments. Hall availability would have to be confirmed and attendance list managed according to the hall space capacity.
Posted by howardarw on December 14, 2016 at 6:15 PM
Grand XMAS Tournament 2016 Final Scores:
Game 1; World 6 PolandNE 14
Game 2; Europe 13 World 14
Game 3; PolandNE 14 Europe 4
Game 4; Europe 7 Poland NE 20
Game 5; World 20 Europe 12
Game 6 - Cancelled (dead rubber) in favour of two set final
POLAND+NE pd3 pts 8
WORLD........ pd 3 pts 6
EUROPE...... pd 4 pts 1
FINAL PolandNE 2; World 0 (sets)
Posted by howardarw on November 16, 2016 at 1:10 PM
7th. No volleyball - hall in use, so a night out is planned. Watch the events on facebook.
14th. Grand 2016 Xmas Tournament Trophy - event to be posted at start of December; 24 places, three teams.
21st. Volleyball as usual but mini-tournament - format to be decided depending on number of players, may be 4-a-side quick games!
Return date to be confirmed;
In January we will be returning to the 18 players maximum (not the current 20 covering for drop-outs) with players on stand-by.
Good news, the club have no plans to increase subs until the summer AGM at least, even if court prices increase. However, this assumes virtual full attendances, and we will hold 3 tournaments per year (Xmas, Prior to the exam break in May, September) which will boost income if fully supported (24 players).
Posted by howardarw on November 7, 2016 at 4:40 PM
We are having trouble tagging players on the facebook page. This means when the list is announced of players successfully rotad in for the Wednesday session, you may not get an automatic message. It also means if you are on the waiting list and a place becomes available, again you may not be notified.
No idea what's causing the problem, seems that 80% of the players can be tagged but 20% can't.
So please keep your eye on the facebook event or you may miss out when you should be playing!!
Posted by howardarw on November 7, 2016 at 4:35 PM
Julia has now left us - good luck in Northern Ireland and thanks for all the hard work both as coach and on the committee.
We are always looking for volunteers to coach (or jointly coach) our sessions. Qualifications not required, enthusiasm and patience certainly are!
Please volunteer via our facebook page/events! Thank you!!