Northern Jump Volleyball Club

Click here to edit subtitle

News


view:  full / summary

Message to all current players

Posted by howardarw on November 7, 2016 at 4:40 PM Comments comments (0)

We are having trouble tagging players on the facebook page. This means when the list is announced of players successfully rotad in for the Wednesday session, you may not get an automatic message. It also means if you are on the waiting list and a place becomes available, again you may not be notified.

No idea what's causing the problem, seems that 80% of the players can be tagged but 20% can't.

So please keep your eye on the facebook event or you may miss out when you should be playing!!

Bye Bye Julia (our coach) and thanks!

Posted by howardarw on November 7, 2016 at 4:35 PM Comments comments (0)

Julia has now left us - good luck in Northern Ireland and thanks for all the hard work both as coach and on the committee.

We are always looking for volunteers to coach (or jointly coach) our sessions. Qualifications not required, enthusiasm and patience certainly are!

Please volunteer via our facebook page/events! Thank you!!

AGM 2016 Minutes

Posted by howardarw on July 20, 2016 at 5:25 PM Comments comments (0)

1. In attendance; Johnny, Reza, Keila, Julia, Shene, Akki, Maira, Howard, Simon, Rachel, Petra, Abdul.

Howard thanked the current committee and players for all their hard work, especialy Rachel who is leaving her pose, and noted that it had been a difficult year with the loss of Siwon, Shadi, Justyna and Edyta.

2. Selection/re-selection of officers.

CHAIR:
Howard will continue to be chair in an "absent" capacity.
TREASURER
Simon now has the assistance of Johnny D
SECRETARY
Joint secretaries Petra and Kian
EVENTS
Keila now has the assistance of Reza S
WEBMASTER
Howard
COACH
Julia


3. Treasurer's report

Thanks to Simon

Last year it was agreed to bring our reserves down. The club's financial situation is stable, average attendance = 16/session and court fees are still £74/session.


Deficit of the year of £707 which includes EVA renewal @ £90, marketing/stationery £19 and AGM food last year @ £37, Trinity hire loss is £130 and the Friday sessions loss £130. Go Spile grant of £469 covered much of this, as did the grant from Pride Sports to cover May @ Academy.



Reserves are now £949.



4. AOB

Thanks to Rachel

Sharing responsibility was at least partly addressed because some of the roles are now being shared. Simon and Jon are going to share finance responsibility. We did have a discussion after Howard left about how to make collecting the money easier - including discussing cashless payment, advance payment etc - but it was decided to let Simon and Jon discuss outside of the meeting what they think would work best.

We did also discuss coaching - I think the general feeling was that we would welcome anyone stepping up to coach or jointly coach a session. Some people have done the Level 1 coaching course through different clubs (although people are welcome to coach regardless of whether they have done the course). One thing that was agreed (by a vote of members) was to reduce the amount of time spent coaching and to start playing games from 7.45.

It was also discussed whether the club should reduce its reserves by decreasing the subs but this wasn't agreed at this meeting (It was just something that the club could review soon-ish)




AGM date

Posted by howardarw on June 19, 2016 at 10:55 AM Comments comments (0)

20 July 2016
Salutation Inn (tbc)
2130 - 2230 (after training)

Agenda tbc.

Volleyball's back!

Posted by howardarw on May 26, 2016 at 8:25 AM Comments comments (0)

Normal sessions start again on Weds 1st June. Sign in as soon as the event appears on facebook!

No indoor volleyball DATES

Posted by howardarw on April 16, 2016 at 8:00 AM Comments comments (0)

Due to exams we will be missing three Wednesdays -
11th, 18th and 25th May.
Keep your eyes peeled here and on facebook for other arrangements!!

Meeting minutes 3.Feb '16

Posted by howardarw on February 8, 2016 at 4:25 PM Comments comments (0)

Meeting 3. Feb 2016

Attended by Howard (Chair) Simon, Rachel, Siwon, Shadi, Julia + 5 others

Shadi will be leaving us shortly so everyone thanked her for her hard work with the club, especially as events manager.

As we required a new events manager the puropse of the meeting was to enrol one. The possibilities were put to the meeting - chair asked if anyone needed the current system (rota) explaining, the alternative draw system, and if anyone wanted to volunteer to run either system. The response was negative so the next option was someone to run their own system, again negative.

That meant the chair would run a first-past-the-post system. However, later in the evening, Keila suggested she knew about Google Drives which is what the rota is based on, and if Shadi could ease her into it she would volunteer to be the events manager. Well done Keila and welcome to the commitee! So the rota system will continue in its current form.

Simon went through our latest finances and we are still £1.1k to the good. We have made a loss over the previous 12 months due to the experiment of Fridays @ Academy and deliberately keeping player's subs low to reduce our reserves. It is possible there may be a small increase in subs after the AGM to maintain our reserves, but that may not be necessary depending on player numbers.

Rachel pointed out that when we lose Siwon we will require a coach when Julia isn't available. Anyone can volunteer to coach us...no "badges" required - just enthusiasm! No doubt we will be asking for volunteers via our facebook pages.


Meeting for all Weds 3 Feb 9.15pm

Posted by howardarw on January 27, 2016 at 5:35 AM Comments comments (0)

@ The Salutation (see facebook site for directions)

We need to enroll a new events manager on to the committee who's job will be to organise the rota (or draw) for our Wednesday sessions which has been done so well by Shadi.

They will have access to the google drive form to keep track of who has missed out and who is due to miss out, will post the event a few days in advance and keep track of players dropping out and make sure any reserves are informed.

If there are no volunteers to run either the rota or draw, and there are no further suggestions then unfortunately we will return to a "first past the post" system; if that has to be run by myself because there are no volunteers to run it, the event will be posted on either Thurs, Fri evenings or Saturday mornings, possibly with 20 places (two or more regularly drop out - but if everyone turns up we will have to cope!) and no "reserves" - if/when places become available then that will be announced separately.

In addition Rachel wants to discuss and encourage more players to take the lowest level coaching badges; and after that Any Other Business if time permits - please add suggestions to our facebook events page.

Good news...and first January session!

Posted by howardarw on December 15, 2015 at 7:20 AM Comments comments (0)

Happy Xmas - here's your present; due to the centre not increasing it's court hire prices in the New Year, and the continued support from our players meaning almost every Wednesday is full, and the continuing number of new players, we do not have to increase subs for the time being!!

Two hours of indoor volleyball for a fiver at most...what's not to like? Thank you everybody!!

Also; first session back in 2016 is Weds 6 Jan....sign up when the event is posted on facebook.

Have a good holiday everyone, and meanwhile I'll be preparing the match report of tomorrow's epic against-the-odds victory by GB/Atlantic!!

Xmas Tourney - teams and rules!

Posted by howardarw on December 7, 2015 at 8:20 AM Comments comments (0)

2015 Northern Jump Xmas Tournament. Three teams of 8 which means if there are late arrivals we can start on time with (more or less) full teams

 

Team ATLANTIC

(United Kingdom, Brazil and Norway)

 

Allen

Steven

Howard

Ian

Kian

Paula

Rachelski

Simon

 

Team POLAND and Europe

 

Steffan

Barbera

Karolina

Henryk

Ula

Maira

Bartek

Pete

 

Team REST OF WORLD

 

Axel

Reza

YeeMei

Mohammed

Nico

Siwon

Shadi

Miles

 

Fixtures: First named team on near court

7.15 PolE v ROW

7.30 ROW v Atl

7.45 Atl v PolE

 

8.00 – 8.05 Pause to collect subs. Team captains to collect subs and hand to Simon

 

8.05 ROW v PolE

8.20 Atl v ROW

8.35 PolE v Atl.

 

8.50 Presentation of trophy to Team Atlantic, mass photo next to the net for facebook.

 

9.00 To Salutation for drinkies. Salutation Arms is down Cambridge St towards town and is the second right after Spar...just before The Church Inn.

 

RULES;

Each game is first to 21* points or 14 minutes* whichever comes first

If the alarm/whistle sounds and a point has started that point must be finished.

Winner = 4 points regardless of score.

Loser = 1 bonus point for reaching 7*, 2 bonus points for reaching 14*.

Example, team A win 21 – 13, A get 4 points, the losing opponents get 1.

If the alarm sounds and the game is tied then no further point will be played, both teams get their bonus points + 1 for the tie.

Example A and B tie 18-all, each receives 1 for the tie + 2 for the bonus points.

 

*If bad traffic results in a late start then the organisers will determine a pro-rata system considering the time remaining. If games have to be reduced to (example) 10 minutes then the winner will be first to 18 points (or time) and the bonus points 6 and 12.

 

The winning team will be the one with most points.

Should there be a tie between two teams then – time permitting (a min of 5 mins) then there will be a first-to-3 tiebreaker (eight v eight!!). Otherwise lots will be drawn as they will if all three teams are tied.

 

Games start when the countdown clock starts. That means messing around getting your positions organised is wasting time and the game needs to be started - so organise beforehand!!

 

Now - each team needs to come up with a captain!



Rss_feed