Posted by howardarw on January 19, 2017 at 9:55 AM
Northern Jump Meeting Notes 25.01.2017 Thanks to Petra for compiling!
1) New coach
- Members of the club agreed that having a new coach is desirable.
- Dates for a course to be confirmed.
- Club will advertise for a vacancy for the position on Facebook. Whole club to vote in an anonymous poll to decide who to send for the course.
- Club will subsidize 50% of the coaching course fee, the other 50% will be paid by the candidate. Total fee is £190.
- The newly qualified coach will get 25 sessions free on the days he/she will be coaching. Time limit to complete these 25 sessions, e.g. 2 years, has been discussed but members thought it was too restrictive on the coach. This remains to be decided.
- The coach gets a place on every session. Total number of available places per session will then be 17 + coach.
2) Personal confrontations
- Concern has been expressed over personal disagreements between members and the coach that occurred recently. It has been stressed that coach will take the lead and he/she must be respected. Members who don’t want to follow this agreement are encouraged not to come to the sessions.
- All players must respect others and get along with all other players during games, letting their preferences aside.
- Howard to provide login details for Northern Jump website to the committee members so they can help updating the website as relevant.
4) New equipment
- Club members identified the need for new quality match balls. Taking into account the high cost of a quality ball it has been agreed that only one will be purchased. The choice of the ball to be discussed again when market research has been done.
- New electronic scoreboard has been discussed but the cost has not been justified.
5) Night out
- Has been set up for 12th April 2017.
6) Beach trip suggestion
- Outdoor volleyball kit is to be collected from Simone.
- Members have shown interest in organising tournaments. Hall availability would have to be confirmed and attendance list managed according to the hall space capacity.