Posted by howardarw on August 3, 2018 at 5:20 AM
22 August 2018 - venue TBC but probably the Salutation after training. Note; it appears we have filled the two vacancies (Chair/WO) which will be confirmed at the AGM. A huge thank-you to Min Ge and Pete Kos for volunteering their services!!
Posted by howardarw on July 4, 2018 at 10:05 AM
After doing much sterling work for the club, both the Chair and Welfare Officer are stepping down, and the club needs to fill these positions quickly. If not, the the future of the club is very much in doubt, which is a shame as we've never had as many players involved.
Please consider applying for these positions either via Facebook or you can contact me (Howard/Webmaster) via the contacts page. Thanks!!
Posted by howardarw on June 4, 2018 at 3:10 PM
The hall is being used (again) so training will resume on the 27th.
Posted by howardarw on April 16, 2018 at 6:25 AM
AGM minutes 18th April 2018:
1) Actions taken since the previous meeting:
- Tournaments are held every quarter. They proved to be popular amongst the members and overall everybody is happy with how they are run. There was an objection regarding the fee charged being the same as for the normal session because the time spent on court is shorter having 24 players per session. Members have acknowledged this but argued that this is compensated by treats and medals awarded at the end of the session which are subsidised from the subs collected. Also, thanks to the extra money raised the club has been able to afford new equipment such as new balls, scoreboard, net bag and speaker.
- New committee members: Valentina – has been doing an excellent job as a Welfare Officer. There were few occasions were her input was needed due to members misbehaviour and she dealt with the situation well and supported the club. She has also completed her course subsidized by the club.
Ellen – no longer an Event Manager.
Simon – deserves a massive thank you for keeping the finances in control. The club has no additional treasurer at the moment and this role is vacant. Collecting money by other committee members or other designated members during sessions when Simon is absent works fine.
Reza – is now the Chairman of the club and has been doing a fantastic job pulling everything together.
2) New Event Managers:
- Earlier in the year Andrea has kindly agreed to become a new Event Manager and has been doing a great job organising sessions.
- It has been agreed at the meeting that Maira becomes a new Event Manager. She will start helping Andrea from May onwards.
3) New fund ONLY for coaching, equipments and reserves- Northern Jump have applied for a funding and awaiting a final approval. This funding is to be used for equipment and activities that all members will be able to benefit from. It is not to subsidize private events.
4) Are we still happy with no coach?
- Northern Jump has large number of members who have to alternate in attendance on weekly basis following a carefully observed rota. Moreover, there are a lot of new starters or beginners every week. It has been difficult to run trainings involving all players with various levels and skills as people change so often. Discussion has taken place and different opinions were expressed but overall members agreed that they are happy with no coaching for the time being.
- A suggestion has been made that beginners join Moss Side Volleyball Club first as this club has a coach who will be able to support them. At Northern Jump experienced members are encouraged to support beginners.
5) Summary/report of finances by Simon
- The club’s reserves have now reduced to its minimum (£512) and it cannot afford subsidized fees any longer. The cost of the court is £74 per 2h and on an average week the club has been compensating (/loosing from reserves) approx. £5-10. Therefore it has been decided that fees will increase to a flat fee £5 for everyone. This applies to new starters’ first sessions, students and also tournaments fees. This should help sustain the club better and will allow the club to save £6 a week on a full session. Should the club reserves reach high levels again this decision will be reviewed.
- Court cost calculations were based on 42-44 sessions a year.
- Full financial report available upon request.
- Broken net: It is the hall staff’s responsibility to repair the net and Pete, who has been fixing the net on every session, has volunteered to file a complaint/request in writing.
- New antennas: Members agreed that the club will buy its own antennas and Akli has volunteered to find and purchase them, cost is approx. £15 each.
- Rachel has volunteered to organise a night out in September.
Posted by howardarw on April 12, 2018 at 4:55 AM
There will be no sessions 16th , 23rd May, 6th & 13th June due to school exams.
Posted by howardarw on January 31, 2018 at 11:20 AM
As from 1st. February Reza Sadeghi takes over as permanent chair of the club.
Good luck Reza and thanks for all the hard work put in so far!
Posted by howardarw on December 20, 2017 at 7:25 PM
Congratulations to gold-medal winners SUMMER who came first with 19 points. Second were gallant losers SPRING with 17, and AUTUMN with 14.
Must be noted the excellent performance by Autumn in denying Spring the victory in the filal game (Spring had the powerplay card too) allowing Summer the victory.
Photos and report/scores on our facebook page.
Posted by howardarw on December 13, 2017 at 6:05 AM
AUTUMN ARISTOCRATS - White shirts
Beth V Gibson
SPRING SENSATIONS - red shirts
SUMMER SIZZLERS - Blue shirts
7.15 Spring v Summer
7.30 Summer v Autumn
7.45 Autumn v Spring
8.05 Summer v Spring
8.20 Autumn v Summer
8.35 Spring v Autumn
8.50 medal awards
First named team serves from the far side.
Sets (hopefully-time permitting) first to 25; 4 points for the winning team and bonus points for reaching 15 and 20 for the losers.
POWERPLAY RULES; at the start of the evening all captains will choose one game as their powerplay - and any points gained from that game will be doubled.
Medal winners will be the team at the top of the group. Two tied teams will be separated by the number of players in the correct colours. If still tied - a three-point play-off. (if all teams are tied on points/shirt colours then a lottery draw will be made)
Posted by howardarw on November 21, 2017 at 3:20 PM
The hall is being used for exams :-(
A night out might be organised, watch this space!