|Posted by howardarw on August 30, 2018 at 7:20 AM||comments (0)|
AGM minutes 22nd August 2018:
1) Report/updates since last meeting
a. New additions to the committee: Event managers Maira and Andrea, both doing an amazing job organising weekly trainings, working out and looking after the attendees list.
b. Antennas – NJ bought new antennas but one of them got damaged and Akli is requesting a refund. Once this is resolved NJ will buy better quality ones.
c. Net issue: Pete has formally requested that the sports centre staff put up the net properly before sessions and even offered them training but the manager has never came forward. It has never been done properly and only a few members (mainly Pete, Akli and Piotr) do it when they attend. It was confirmed in the meeting that most people don’t know how to set the net up. Members need to receive training on this. The centre is due refurbishment soon and Akli has requested that new net, posts and also antennas are bought. A note has been passed onto the centre manager by the centre staff.
d. Definition of yellow, red and new ORANGE card:
- Yellow card applies to late drop outs from sessions and late arrivals. Drop out deadline is at 3pm on Wednesday (for a session that starts at 7pm that day). Unless there is a valid reason (e.g. emergency etc) a person on attendees list who cannot attend must post on the FB event that he/she cannot attend and tag the next person on waiting list. If it happens that a spot is left untaken due to someone dropping out while others are waiting to join, the person who dropped out late must pay the fee £5 and also gets a yellow card. This means he/she will be put at the bottom of a waiting list for three weeks. After this period the yellow card is cleared.
- Orange card will be given when misbehaviour or misconduct occurs. Members have agreed that we need a different colour card to differentiate between the two types of penalties and voted for this to be implemented. 2 orange cards received within 6 months mean a red card will be given and the recipient will be excluded from the club.
- Red card: Very serious misconduct or 2 yellow cards. Exclusion from the club.
2) Finance report by Simon
a. Increase of fees in April 2018 – Everyone is now paying £5 because the club could no longer support subsidised fees for students/unemployed and was losing money. Financial report available upon request.
b. Funding confirmation – Simon has done a great job requesting fund for NJ and we have now received almost £500 fund from Pride Sports. This money is to be used for new equipment, sending people on courses, etc.
c. Another person is needed to have access to NJ bank account. Simon to follow up.
d. Subs payment options – it has been suggested that members have an option to pay subs online but at the moment there is no facility to do this. It has been agreed that the best is to keep things simple for Simon and cash is preferred.
3) New people for vacant committee roles: Welfare Officer, Secretary, Chair
a. Valentina is stepping down as a Welfare Officer. This role is now to be taken up by Ian and Pete who will share the responsibilities:
- Dealing with misbehaviour and misconduct
- Late arrivals to sessions
- Safeguarding people
- Give yellow/red cards
- At least one needs to complete an online course (cost approx. £30)
b. Petra is stepping down as s Secretary. Akli has taken up this role and the duties are:
- Point of contact - Monitoring NJ email inbox and reply to queries, posting relevant info on FB page
- Accepting/refusing (if club closed) new members by email and on FB (NJ group)
- Taking minutes during NJ meetings
c. Reza is stepping down as a Chair. During our meeting nobody from present people expressed interest to take up this role and committee will post the role as vacant on FB. (Since our meeting Amin has kindly put himself forward). Responsibilities:
- Ensuring club is running smoothly
- Manage the committee, cover up for absences
- Ensuring all committee members are doing their roles correctly and fully
- Assisting committee members to deal with issues in and out of court
- Conducting and chairing meetings (AGM and members), etc
d. Shared responsibilities of committee members:
- Contributing to committee discussions & voting to reach a decision
- Point of contact
- Good ambassador for the club
4) AOB (concerns, suggestions, etc)
a. In the Trinity sports centre hall, two projectors are installed very low above the court and they very often impede the flow of the game. It has been voted that if players accidentally hit THEIR SIDE projector they can continue playing (if they manage to). If a team hits a projector on the opposite side it counts as ‘out’.
Thank you all who participated in the meeting, your input is very much appreciated!
|Posted by howardarw on August 3, 2018 at 5:20 AM||comments (0)|
|Posted by howardarw on July 4, 2018 at 10:05 AM||comments (0)|
|Posted by howardarw on June 4, 2018 at 3:10 PM||comments (0)|
|Posted by howardarw on April 16, 2018 at 6:25 AM||comments (1)|
|Posted by howardarw on April 12, 2018 at 4:55 AM||comments (0)|
|Posted by howardarw on February 24, 2018 at 2:45 PM||comments (0)|
|Posted by howardarw on January 31, 2018 at 11:20 AM||comments (0)|
|Posted by howardarw on December 20, 2017 at 7:25 PM||comments (0)|
|Posted by howardarw on December 13, 2017 at 6:05 AM||comments (0)|